So like many of us who have the desire to be a little more healthy with this new year upon us, what have you been doing to work towards that goal? Here’s what mine has looked like so far:
FitBit Charge HR: (Heart Rate Monitor Version)
A preface to this post is that this is not my first fitness band. I was a previous user of the Nike Fuel+ Band, however my work does not allow certain devices in the building so I was not able to continue using that particular brand I had to find one that had been on our approved list.
- The Silent Alarm is perfect for waking up without an angry startled mess. It vibrates your wrist gently but with enough power to wake you up.
- The Intuitive App is great, with all the dashboards of your current stats, plus food tracker, water tracker, and exercise trackers it has a lot of great info
- The Adjustable Band is great for comfort vs. the Nike Fuel ‘fixed’ sizing, works similar to an adjustable watch band
- The Sleep Tracker helps me keep a better eye on how bad my sleep actually is, (it’s really interesting to see everything in an easy to read layout.
- The Heart Rate Monitor is actually helpful to me in a number of different ways, I am an individual that struggles with anxiety from time to time and having a clear view how badly it is effecting me at the time, helps me focus on bringing my heart rate back down to normal, as well as during exercises I can make sure that I keep my heart rate applicable to the exercise I’m doing.
- LOTS of compatible Apps are available on the app store that sync with your FitBit including their partner
- NOT being Waterproof is a big grievance, as honestly I prefer to just keep it on during showers, and having to take it off and on each time is a little time consuming
- Not the most comfortable for people with small wrists. I have very small wrists and the flat edge of the top can be very uncomfortable in certain positions (mostly while sleeping) as it digs into my bone.
- No option for starting low energy exercises from the FitBit the HR has the option for detecting exercises like running, walking, cycling and more however things like Yoga, or stretching, or other low energy/low impact workouts it does not automatically pick up
- Customization Could be better in terms of being able to adjust the face a little more. (It does have customization however wish it was a little more diverse) to include some options such as maybe custom colors, adding alarm options, toggle exercise options and more.
All in all I am satisfied with my FitBit and I look forward to continuing to discover some interesting new features.
What is your go-to Fitness Accessory? Do you all use a FitBit? Post your opinions below!